Swim Spa Installation in the Birmingham, AL Area
Buy Your Swim Spa from Allstar Pool & Spa
If you’re a Birmingham, AL resident who is considering investing in a swim spa, Allstar Pool & Spa is the team to turn to. We sell both the high-end line of Michael Phelps Signature Swim Spas, as well as the H2X Swim Spas by Master Spas. No matter which spa you choose, our team can provide installation services so you can get all your spa services under one roof. Below, we have compiled a list of some of our most frequently asked questions regarding swim spas. Keep reading to learn more!
What is a swim spa?
Put simply; a swim spa is a machine that creates a continuous water current in which users can swim against. Though often confused for a type of hot tub, these spas were made to act as a small lap pool for swim enthusiasts or those homeowners you wanted a pool but didn’t have enough backyard space. However, swim spas can be used for more than just swimming “laps.” This system is extremely versatile, providing opportunities for exercise, relaxation, and fun almost simultaneously.
How will I know which swim spa is best for me?
This all depends on your unique wants and needs. First, you will want to decide the reasoning behind your interest in a swim spa. Are you an avid swimmer? Why not take it from a pro and invest in Michael Phelps Signature Swim Spas? Maybe you’re looking for a swim spa solution that can provide your exercise routine and then a place to relax? H2X Swim Spa line might be worth looking into. No matter your preferences, we have the perfect swim spa for you here at Allstar Pool & Spa!
How often should I drain my swim spa?
We encourage swim spa-owning customers to make sure they drain their spa water every three to four months. By adding chemicals intended to keep your spa water clean, you will eventually be left with overly-saturated water. Refraining to cater to this natural build-up will result in cloudy, funky-smelling water. If you are using your spa every day, water saturation can happen much more quickly, and the need to drain your spas water may be more frequent.
Can you use a swim spa in the winter?
Of course! That’s one of the swim spas main draws. These spa systems are incredibly versatile, and actually possess many of the appealing features you would come to expect out of a hot tub. The swim spas’ heated water and hydrotherapy features are sure to keep you warm even during the colder months. Additionally, swim spas are a great way to get some exercise in during the winter months. Gone are the days of skipping the gym or your morning jog to avoid frigid temperatures. With a swim spa, you can get a full workout on your property without even needing to grab your shoes!
What maintenance is required for a swim spa?
Improperly maintenanced swim spas – like any type of pool or hot tub – are a health and safety risk. Careful maintenance practices are essential to the longevity of your spa system. That’s why our team encourages those thinking of investing in a swim spa to consider the following necessary maintenance tasks:
- Check the water daily
- Ensure appropriate chemical levels
- Track spa chemistry with test strips
- Change water every three to four months
If you need help properly maintaining your system, give us a call, and we would be happy to assist.
What exercises can I do in a swim spa?
Truthfully, the swim spa is so renowned because it’s essentially like investing in a pool-hot tub-hybrid that also acts as a full gym! By investing in a swim spa, you gain access to the following workout routine:
- Swimming “laps” – Swim spas were initially created for the purpose of swimming in place against a current.
- Jogging in place – the swim spa is the perfect place to get some jogging in, as you can pop your knees up extra high thanks to the water being there to support you.
- Kickbacks – If your swim spa has an exercise bar, you can stand facing it, and begin raising one leg as close to the surface as possible, holding for ten seconds.
- Bicycle – To do the bicycle in your swim spa, place your back against the wall of the spa, and your arms along the edge to hold yourself up. You can then bring your legs up to just under the surface of the water and begin moving them in a circular motion as if you were pedaling.
- Yoga – Incorporating mindful movement and breath into your swim spa exercise routine is extremely beneficial. The more of yourself that is submerged into the water, the more of your body weight will be supported. This buoyancy makes for effective stretching and support.
How strong is a swim spa current?
Current Propylene Glycol strength depends on the capabilities of your swim spa model, as well as your personal preferences. For the Michael Phelps Signature Swim Spas, current settings range from 0 to 100. With the H2X, the jets variable speed goes up to 25 different current speed settings.
Contact Us Today for More Information!
If you have additional questions about our swim spa offerings that were not addressed on this page, don’t hesitate to reach out to us. With over 90 years of combined experience in the pool and hot tub industry, our team has what it takes to provide you with affordable spa solutions and superior customer care. We can even visit your Birmingham, AL property and install your swim spa for you. Contact us today to get started!
What Make Us Unique?
- AllStar Pools is a Locally Family Owned and Operated Business
- Opened in 1983
- Over 90 Years Combined Experience in Pool and Hot Tub Industry
- BBB A+ Rated Company
- Full Pool and Spa Products and Service
- Flex Financing Available!
- Free In-Store Water Analysis